Sunday, July 11, 2010

You say Tomato, I say Le Creuset

When Ryan and I started recieving gifts for our wedding, one of the first things to arrive was the amazing Le Creuset Dutch Oven in Tomato Red. I had remembered registering for it but didn't realize just how lovely a pot can be. Super heavy yet so delicate. We went for the red to add a splash of color and eye candy to our dull apartment kitchen. Since then we have accumulated several more pieces in the Tomato color. Here they are in all their cooking glory.
The star shaped mini-pot and the canister were added today thanks to an awesome sale at Sur La Table. Now that I put them all together I just get giddy. Is it normal to have an emotional reaction to cookware? Of course not! Le Creuset just makes a damn good pot in extremely pretty colors. I have made several memorable meals in the dutch oven and the HUGE skillet is just perfect for a dish like chicken catchitore (which I made last night- yum!). The cast iron just holds the heat AND cold very well and the enamel makes cooking in it much less scary and clean up a snap.
Next item to add to the collection? Who knows- but there will be more, for that I'm sure :)
Perhaps this little lovely?
2 1/4 qt Braiser- I think I could use this for much more than braising. Making sides, roasting veggies etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment