Saturday, July 3, 2010

Runner up!

One of the ways I dropped the baby weight was training for a 5K. I gave myself 2 months to train and ended up getting in great shape- I was able to drop that last 15 pounds that just wouldn't budge. Never in my life had I ever been a runner. I played basketball yes, but most of that was sprinting. This is a new venture- and I'm hooked.

The day of the race I felt really confident and super healthy... then I found out there was a 10K option. 10 kilometers, or a little over 6 miles seemed daunting. As much as I was proud of running 5K, I couldn't help but feel a little silly running along side ten year-old girls, who actually ended up beating me. After the race, I was ready for more- I quickly looked online and found another race... the Raspberry Run- a 5 mile run in mid-July. So far I have only ran the 5 miles twice, both in about an hour. I have some serious training to do if I want to accomplish my goal of 5 miles in 50 minutes. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Keep with your training and you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. Look at me I am a perfect example. Love ya and good luck, Jeremy, Valerie and JAXON.

    ReplyDelete