Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another skill you can't put on a resume

This morning I started getting things back in order after a long weekend. Its amazing how much there is to do after a holiday- and we didn't even entertain! The mountain of laundry is just a little bigger, Jack ingested just that much more God-knows-what off the floor, instead of a few of the big forks left- they are ALL in the dishwsher and so on. So as I was crawling around looking for loose change Ryan habitually leaves on the floor, I realized I have a SKILL. Not just anyone can change the sheets with a baby on one hip or put on make-up while pumping (if TMI, too bad this is a mom blog!). A few more multitasks include but are not limited to...

Vacuuming with a baby strapped to your chest and moving the cord with my toes.

Improvising a laundry basket into a baby carrier

Using my toes as another set of hands ( I was blessed with the Walton oposable toes, Jack is too!)

- Checking email while spoon feeding a baby
- Doubling a stroller into a shopping cart
- Cook dinner while simultaneously drawing a bath for the little munchkin, knowing exactly when to go and turn off the water
- put away laundry and catch up with my podcasts
and the list could go on and on....

No comments:

Post a Comment