Thursday, August 2, 2012

Keeping it together

Each season I say to myself, oh finally it's Spring-summer-fall-winter, I will have some time to take of the house. I have reasons ( ahem excuses ), for why each season will be different. For summer it was "oh we'll be outside and there won't be as much laundry"... pause... you can stop laughing now. Just because you wear less clothes in summer, doesn't mean less laundry- thanks for Popsicles, sprinklers and chalk the heap gets bigger and bigger.

So I put on my big girl panties said to myself "Stop whining- you are lucky to stay at home with your kids. Suck it up and clean it up".

So after seeing several posts on pintrest on keeping up on the housework I hatched a plan.

Morning and evening checklists to get into the habit of at least doing the minimum. I put my little lists in my spice cabinet and check it to make sure I don't forget anything.



Morning
Do at least one load of laundry
empty dishwasher before you leave the house
Pack purse/backpack for the entire day.
Decide whats for dinner... and stick to it!

Evening
Set up coffee maker for next morning.
Take out trash no matter how full
Run dishwasher no matter how full (if its pretty empty I throw in some toys that need a good wash)
Sweep

I have been on my little program for  about a month now. I have noticed things have been running more smoothly. No more sippy-cup roulette (please don't be milk from last week), Catie isn't finding high-chair artifacts, and we make it out of the house at a reasonable time.

I'm not sure how long I will stay motivated but I hope its for a while and it becomes a habit rather than a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment