Thursday, November 10, 2011

White Trash Moment

We all have our not so shiny moments. I had one of those yesterday.

Keywords... Walmart, Pizza, Fried Chicken Bucket.

Need I say more? Of course I do. First up, Walmart- the Walmart in our area has just been remodeled and is actually pretty nice now. Target nice? no, but better than it was. I find myself going there when I don't want to end up with $150 tab when all I needed was cough drops.

Walmart with two little kids at lunch time. Mission- Christmas light hooks and butter. Walked by the Deli and saw pizza by the slice... perfect. We ordered a slice and waited, and waited and waited some more... not for a slice but for the box they put them in. Apparently the boxes were seemly in the furthest corner of the walmart universe. Luckily my 2-year old was actually being patient but the lady behind the counter wasn't. She asked if I would mind coming back, in which I replied, yes I would mind walking away after waiting then dealing with an inevitable tantrum. Can we put it in a chicken bucket? Ummm sure... and you know what? it actually worked out pretty well. I tore up the pizza and Jack was happy as a clam with his bucket-o-pizza. Got what I needed and got out without any problems.

Pretty sure that was ghetto-est I've been in quite a while, and I'm ok with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment