Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jet Fuel

While I was still trying to figure out what I was going to do with my life, taking random classes at community college and still living with my parents, I worked as a barista in a coffee shop. This experience turned me into a professional coffee snob. I could whip up a 2% double 180 latte with the best 'em but that was about 5 years ago. Now its Foldgers and coffee creamer 2-3x a day- usually zapped at least once before finishing. But even though my coffee quality has significantly gone downhill I still like to try make it a little bit interesting... by trying new coffee creamers. Most of the time I have at least 2 bottles in my fridge at any given time, one I thought might be fun to try and my 'ol standby, Irish cream. My latest endeavor was Coffee Mate's Honey Vanilla Creme.

Sounds like it should be good right? Who doesn't like honey, or vanilla, or cream? Well its pretty bad in coffee. Other coffee creamer failures are as followed...

- Carmel Apple
- Sweet Butter cream
- Southern Butter Pecan


My top 5 favorites
1. Irish Cream
2. Ameretto
3. Peppermint Mocha
4. Pumpkin Spice
5. Parisian Almond Cream

Flavors I wish they would invent... maybe I should email the creamer companies- any other suggestions?
- Girl Scout's Thin Mint Cookie
- Girl Scout's Samoa Cookie
- Frosted Flakes cereal milk (am I the only one who pours the cereal milk in coffee?)
- Black Walnut

No comments:

Post a Comment