Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dinner for One

Every Tuesday night, hubby goes out and plays raquet ball with his buds. Once the baby is in bed, its all ME TIME. So once a week I make a dinner for myself that Ryan isn't crazy about. I happen to have two of these quiet nights to myself this week. Tonight's din-din is roasted roasted veggies with turkey Italian sausage and pasta.

Ingredients
- Random veggies of your choice, in pieces all the same size (I used asparagus, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms and onions)
- clove or two of chopped garlic
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped (but you can use whatever you want)
a few good "glugs" of Olive Oil
1 link Italian sausage, cut into bite size pieces (optional)
2 handfuls of pasta
about 1/2 cup pasta sauce

Preheat oven to 350
Toss oil, veggies and rosemary together. Spread on baking sheet and bake until veggies are done to your liking (I like them super brown) 20-30 min
Boil pasta and toss with sauce
Thats it!

Most of the time when its just me I just pop in a lean cuisine or frozen pizza but sometimes I just have a craving to get in the kitchen.

What do you like to make for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment